Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Postal Order Society<BR>This is the POS discussion forum, with some general POS information.<BR> Forum Index

Members Sales List

This is the POS discussion forum, with some general POS information.
Forum Index
» » For sale and wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unipos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Members Sales List If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Don't forget you can buy or sell postal orders through the society's list. Contact the secretary. Address and e-mail address on page 2 of the newsletters.

unipos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This a British Postal Order issued in Barbados and is for sale in the MSL. Anybody interested?...................Mal

Last edited by unipos on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
unipos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Here is another PO available in the sales list. Dated 2003 and priced at £10....................Mal

Last edited by unipos on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
mal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: PENSION ORDER If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is an Emergency Pension Order Form P.1100 (1940s) for use when the normal book of orders had been filled and the new one had not arrived. Front and back are shown and it comes with an undercopy for recording a claimant's details and signature. Part I and Part II on the back are for cases of temporary illness. The under copy is poor quality toned paper.

Lists the Pension and Allowance types for which it could be used. Was kept in a locked cupboard in the post office.

Priced in the MSL at £5..................Mal

John_Gledhill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Gilbert & Ellice Is If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

If you have a GB postal order overprinted for the Gilbert & Ellice Islands, could you let me have a scan please?
It's one of the only 2 GB-overprinted countries that I've no scan of. The other is Lesotho.
Thanks

Aidan_Work

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

John,
Lesotho has never had overprinted British Postal Orders,but it did have overprinted South African postal orders though.I have one of the overprinted South African postal orders issued at Maseru in 1976.

As for the Gilbert & Ellice Islands,I am not certain regarding overprinted ones,but I do have an example of an unoverprinted cashed 1/- one issued at the B.F.P.O. on Christmas Island in 1962 in my collection.Even that one is a very rare one.

Aidan.

Check out http://www.banknotebank.com/collection/BCNumismatics , http://www.allnumis.com ,& http://www.notebrag.com .

Please let me know what you think.
This is the POS discussion forum, with some general POS information.
Forum Index
» » For sale and wanted